Sunday, January 5, 2014

Farewell Twallan

It had previously been known that Twallan didn't plan to continue modding in TS4 when it was released, but today he announced that he was taking his leave sooner than expected. Accompanied by a short farewell message, he included all of the source codes for his mods for someone else to work with (in the hopes that someone else might pick up where he left off).

Sorry folks, I am to be the bearer of bad tidings this day.
As most of you have noticed, the amount of time I have been able to allot to my work on the Sims has been steadily decreasing over the past few months. There are numerous reasons for this : Ranging from changes in my real-life work, increasing disinterest in Sims, and various personal concerns that have been building up over the past couple of years.

I had hoped that my interest would once again be piqued over the holidays, however unfortunately that was not the case.

So rather than continue leading you all on as to when/if I will ever complete any further projects, I have decided to end this grand thought experiment as of now.

With that, I would like to thank you all for making my time in the Sims 3 world a satisfying experience. Shout outs to SimAd, Trif, TheISZ, and all the various contributors who have made this project entertaining.

As a parting gift for any interested modders, here is the full source for all my mods :


Feel free to pick them apart as you see fit, or release them yourselves with any modifications you wish (though you may want to change the names to avoid any confusion).

Thank you, and may the odds be ever in your favor. :)


The news comes as a bit of a shock to many, as up until now Twallan's mods have considered something of a gold standard in the TS3 modding community (at least in this simmer's opinion). And with news of an upcoming EA patch, simmers are worried that not all of the mods will continue to function. In particular, Errortrap is version specific and will almost asuredly die with the patch unless another modder released their own updated version.

No comments:

Post a Comment